Saturday, January 12, 2013

Wife Lessons: check your pockets

I usually never check pockets. One, because I know I never keep anything in them, two, because if there is something in there I usually find it as I'm throwing stuff in the washer.
Not this time.
My last day of clinically, I find a rotten banana *gag* in my bag. I had a load of whites piling up so I throw my lab coat in. (A load of whites usually consist of my socks and sports bras, my thin old navy jacket I wear in the OR, and Jess' socks.) when I pull them out to put them in the dryer I find my bandage scissors in the washer. I think to myself, " that would have made a terrible noise if that ended up in the dryer. Good thing I found them!" The dryer buzzes and I pull out my load of zebra stripes whites. I had left a freaking PERMANENT MARKER in my lab coat! I was sooooo pissed of! So not only do I have to replace my $40 lab coat, I can't wear my white sports bra with a white t-shirt! AND my dryer is marked up. So I do what I always do, I put my 'zebra striped OR jacket' on and let everyone get a good ol laugh at me. Everyone told me to try acetone fingernail polish remover to get the marks off before I try another load. It didn't take the marks off, it just smeared it. So I washed and dried Jess' uniforms a couple of times to 'set' the marks and keep hem from transferring onto other clothes. So far so good. I just have a dryer that looks like it went to war with a sharpie.

Lesson learned, Ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment