Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Wedding Post 1:Getting Started

Ahh the wedding. I could talk about my wedding for dayyyyysss.
So lets get to it.
Just about every detail was Pinterest inspired.
I knew I wanted Hot pink as a color. But I didnt know what my other color would be. I like turquoise, but I didnt want it to look too "cotton candy landish" .
So to pinterest I went and came across these picsl
.

Once I saw those colors together, I fell in love.
Groom: Check
Colors: Check
Now my dress....
I knew I wanted my dress to have three characteristics:
Sweetheart neckline
Fitted
Mermaid style
A girlfriend at work told me a bridal store was closing in a few days and they were having a MAJOR SALE!
So I call up the BFF Kristina and I tell her to meet me there after work.
This place had barely anything left on the racks.
So I grab a few.
The very first dress is almost exactly what I had in mind! It was just a little big, but it could be altered.
I try on two more just to make sure I was totally feeling the first one.
This was the real deal, sister.
I talked the sales guy into giving it to me 60% off!
Ladies, I scored this dress for less than $600!!!!
Hells yea!
Next we had to decide on a date.
This was a bit harder than I thought it was going to be.
I wanted to get married before I started the fall semester.
So that left us with four months.
I picked out a few venues and the only day we could get was August 4.
Done.
We had a date.
Now we need the bridal party.
I didnt know how many bridesmaids I wanted.
I knew I wanted Kristina as MOH and Mr. B's sister as a maid.
I ended up asking two cousins and a friend from Louisiana to be in the wedding.
Mr. B decided on his boys.
My baby brother and brother in law were the ushers.
I had my preacher picked out before I had my groom.
My papaw is a retired minister. When I was little Jenny Beth planning my wedding I knew he would be the one to marry me. Such a special part of my day.
So thats enough wedding talk today.
Next post:
The Little Details (that really do matter)
Later Y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment